Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday 3/20/13

"Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises."

These verses absolutely floor me while at the same time give me incredible encouragement every time I read them. The above passage is Romans 4:18-21. How many times have you felt there was "no reason for hope"? Abraham had hoped for a son for many, many years and still did not have one. Despite that, he kept believing and all because of one reason: He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.

Sarah was 90 years old; Abraham was 100. How many couples like that do you know that are having children? In the natural, there was absolutely no reason to think they would ever have a child, but they knew God had promised and that he is faithful. What are you believing God for? Does it seem like there is just no possible way? I'll admit, my faith wavers; and then I remember this verse. Do I truly believe God is able to do whatever he promises? If I truly, truly do, then why am I worried? He God, for crying out loud!! He's the one who made the heavens and the earth; he's the one who causes the sun to rise each morning and the stars to come out at night. He's the God who brought down the wall of Jericho, kept the lions from eating Daniel and protected Shadrach, Meshach and Abednedo in the fiery furnace!!!!! Ask yourself, is your problem bigger than that? Is your problem bigger than God?? NO!! His is the name that is above every name in heaven and earth and under the earth. He has defeated Satan; the battle has already been won. 

So whatever you are believing for, get touch, take a stand and remember that God is faithful. Do not waver. Your God, your Heavenly Father, is bigger than any circumstance that comes you way; and the best part is, he wants to take care of all of it for you. Just trust him and be ready to be obedient. Then sit back and watch God do amazing things in your life.

This blog is based on Psalm 139:13-16: 
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of 
the womb.
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. 
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."

You were created for a purpose, and God made you exactly the way you are on purpose! You truly were created to be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment