Monday, May 28, 2012

Starting Over

So, I didn't realize it had been about a year since I had posted anything. I am now back and vow to be more committed to the blog. I want to share my struggles and triuimphs and everything in between in hopes to encourage those who read this. I want everyone to realize that they are not alone in anything. God promised that he would never leave us or forsake us, and I believe that includes the most mundane aspects of our every day lives. A big part of my life now if CrossFit Branson (CFB) and the challenge of being a trainer. I will be sharing tips and feelings about working out and nutrition. I hope this blog will be helpful, and I will always do my best to answer any questions any of you have.



Over the weekend, I read several articles about the advantages of the CrossFit Zone Diet, so I have decided to give it a shot. For the next four weeks, I am going to be as strict as possible in following the Zone diet and just see what kinds of results I get. Basically, the Zone features a menu where each meal is made up of protein, carbs and fats (yes, fat can be good!). I won't go into a lot of detail here, but if you want to read more, click here.

I am working on changing my attitude towards food. I grew up in a home where we ate constantly. My mom and both grandmas are incredible cooks, and I absolutely love food. I have found that if I am happy, I want food. If I am sad, I want food. If I a stressed, I want food. If I am award, well, you get the idea. I want to begin to look at food more as fuel for my body instead of an emotional thing. I am excited to see how my performance in the gym is affected and how I feel physically. I am hoping for more energy and hopefully increased strength - that's where a lot of hard work at CFB will come into play. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes!!

This blog is based on Psalm 139:13-16: 
     "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
     Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
     Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it.
     You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of
          the womb.
     You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
     Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."

You were created for a purpose, and God made you exactly the way you are on purpose! You truly were created to be fabulous!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment